Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Signs

I am a believer of signs. I believe that some times God gives us little glimpses of things, small signs of hope just to keep us hanging on.

I also know that I can pretty much turn anything into a sign - here is an example of me doing that:

Signs that this will be a successful cycle:

- My 9 year old son said so. He said this is the time it is going to work. I believe him.

- It is Spring...eggs hatch in the spring! Spring brings forth new life - it's a rule!

- I intentionally wore a green dress to our transfer today because green is the color for fertility...my husband wore a green shirt as well. BUT - I didn't tell him to wear it and he had no idea about the green fertility connections! It was so green up in there it just has to work!

- Later, when my mother came over to give me my shot (talk about awkward) she said "you know your eyes are really green today...you are supposed to have blue eyes". I think this is a sign that my body is fertile!!! My eyes were telling me so!

- I wear a bracelet that says "I Believe God" - well today as we were walking into the doctor's office the bracelet broke and fell to the ground...in pieces. I believe that this was a sign that I do not need to wear the bracelet anymore because God is fulfilling his promise today! I am sure it had nothing to do with the fact that the wire was frayed and seemed fragile to begin with.

- This is our 3rd try...and well don't they say that the 3rd time's the charm?!?

All signs point to: YES! Don't you agree?? :)

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Angela,

    I'm not sure this will go through. I have read your blog for quite some time and having known you for so long and through your early (formative late teenage)years and am so proud of what you have accomplished. I hope all the early pep talks might have helped. I've always rooted for you!! Certainly you helped me and Owen.

    I never had an overwhelming urge to have another child - maybe a brief year-long period during my last child-bearing years. Toward the end of that time, I asked Owen if he needed a sibling as the time was drawing near to the end of my clock. He said he was cool being an only child. I took that as an affirmative that I was only meant to have one child and I'm good with that and he is too (especially now that Emily has come along).

    For a brief time I yearned for a baby. Tiny toes and a tiny life. I, like you, took every sign (although no IVF) and came up short every month.

    I love that you are able to articulate how this permeates everything. I love the woman and healer and mother you have become. A teacher is a healer.

    I send prayers everyday that you are able to fulfill your destiny. As it is, you are teacher/mother to so many children. You have a legacy.

    Love and prayers,

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words, Dana! Thank you so much! You are very special to me!!!

    ReplyDelete