Monday, May 14, 2012

The Dreaded 2WW

I am currently in what we infertiles call the 2 week wait, or the 2ww.

This is the time in between transferring the embryos and finding out if you are knocked up or not. It is also known as the week of hell.

You see, we try to stay busy but then if you get too busy you worry that your are going to ruin the whole shebang. So, you try taking it easy and resting but then you go practically insane from doing nothing but laying around running all of the "what if" scenarios in your head. There is really no win here...well, unless you get to the end of your 2ww and get a BFP (big fat positive)...that, my friends is a freakin win!

During this time it is pretty much impossible not to analyze every little thing that happens to your body. Every feeling, every mood, every yawn, every bathroom break, every thing and anything that we can possibly use to put a check in the pregnant box...we do it!

And if we feel nothing...well then we freak the heck out!

My 2ww symptoms have been almost non-existent. I mean I do feel tired, but I did switch to decaf recently. My bbs hurt a little, but only a little and it could be from all of the hormones that I am taking.  I have had some mild cramping, I mean really mild, and cramps could really go either way. I did develop this rash on my chest, I got the same rash last time during our cycle (and I did get pregnant that time) but it could just be from the drugs also.

The thing is you just have to wait. No matter how many times we google "am I pregnant" or "early pregnancy symptoms" we still aren't going to know until we have a blood test. There is the whole pee on a stick (POAS) thing, but we usually only trust those if they are positive :)

When I sit down and think about it though...nine years ago I was pregnant. I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was about 6 or 7 weeks along and you know what I felt during those 6 or 7 weeks...nadda! I had no idea! So I am trying (kind of unsuccessfully) to just be patient and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment