Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sharing the News

I am still so excited and a little bit in shock over our wonderful news...mostly excited though!

Some people may think it a better idea to keep this news private for awhile. But NOT me...obviously! I mean, I do blog for all the world to read.

I have never been one for secrets.

 I know that I may be taking a risk by sharing so early, but I feel like this life should be celebrated even at this early stage! I feel like all I have had to share was bad news regarding this situation in my life for so many year,s so I am going to seize the opportunity to finally share  some GOOD news!
We told our son on Friday. He was over the moon excited!!! He just kept saying "I have been praying and praying for this to happen." Every time he sees me now he asks me how I feel or if I am ok. He walks up to me at random times with a huge smile on his face and just hugs me. This morning he told me he just can't stop being so happy. I love it! I love seeing him so happy - I love that he wants this just as much as we do!

I also decided to share the news on Facebook. I mean so many of my FB friends read my blog anyway - so it was kind of out there already. I promised God that I would shout his praises from the mountain top when I received my miracle so I just kind of thought of Facebook as my mountain.

I am really not worried about the "what ifs" that could happen. I'd be lying if I said I never thought about them. I don't intentionally think about them, but they creep their way in sometimes. I just try to focus on the right now! And right now things are wonderful! I really do believe that God is going to continue to bless this pregnancy. I believe that things are going to be fine!!!

So many people have been praying for me - I just feel like they needed to know that our prayers have been heard and answered!!!!!

As far as the pregnancy front goes...
I  feel good. But, I am so so so tired! Last Saturday I ended up taking a nap and so far this weekend I have taken a nap both days (I'll probably regret that later, but oh well!). I am trying not to over analyze every little thing that is happening to my body...but it isn't working all that well. I probably squeeze my boobs a million times a day just to make sure they are still sore. Weird, I know!!!! To those of us who have experienced infertility or loss, pregnancy symptoms are coveted and respected. I guess we kind of think of it as the more symptoms we have - the more pregnant we are...even though I know that is just crazy. It's crazy to normal people...we aren't all that normal though.

I can't wait for my ultrasound day to get here...it feels forever away. But, I am trying to be patient and taking it one day at a time. do plan to enjoy every moment of this pregnancy. It could be my last and I will not take this amazing experience for granted...not this time!!!

My pregnancy prayer:

Dear Lord,
     THANK YOU for hearing my prayers and granting me this request! I know your timing is perfect! Thank you for giving us the desire of our hearts! Thank you for blessing our family!

I ask you now to continue to bless this pregnancy. Please allow me to stay healthy and provide a safe environment for this baby. Please keep watch over me and guide my steps as this pregnancy progresses. Keep this baby healthy and allow this pregnancy to progress to term. Thank you, Lord!

Please be with those whose hearts still ache for a baby. Lord, please hear their prayers and fill their wombs. Bring them the children that they so deeply desire. Thank you, Lord!

Lord, you are faithful. I am so honored and blessed! Thank you! Thank you! Thank You!!!!!

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment