Friday, November 11, 2011

My Faith Challenge

Over the last few months I have really felt like I am supposed to share my story somehow. I mean more than a Blog - but in person. I feel like part of why I have been led down this path is so that I can share my Faith with others. A good friend of mine told me awhile back "You know you really need to share your testimony." Ever since then I have felt the need and desire but I just wasn't sure how to go about it.

Just a few weeks ago I was praying aloud and I specifically asked God to provide an outlet for me to share my testimony. I asked God to lead me to a group of people who need to hear about my "Faith Challenge" and allow me to share with them. I even specifically asked that God lead me to a "Ladies Group" or something small to start with. About a week after I spoke that prayer, I got a phone call from my mom. Just so happened that her Ladies Group at church was looking for a speaker at their monthly meeting and she wanted to know if I wanted to come and share my testimony with them!!! WOW! (Now, I did not tell anyone about my prayer - and I had never made my desire to share my testimony known to anyone...other than God.)

Talk about Amazing!

So last night I shared my story with a group of Ladies whom I barely knew. I honestly don't even remember all of what I said - but I do know that I never stumbled, I didn't even look at my notes. I just opened my mouth and the words came pouring out. I felt like at that very moment I was in God's perfect will.

I feel like this is just one more example of God trying to tell me that he hears me - he knows my heart's desires and he will give them to me in his time.

My Faith challenge is far from over. I battle with it every day. Even though I know what God can do, even though I believe that I WILL BE PREGNANT...the enemy still tries to fill my head with doubt. I have a feeling that these next two weeks are going to be the true test of my Faith. Even though my heart knows - I have to keep telling my head! Satan wants us to doubt. He wants us to blame chance or coincidence. He of course, does not want us to give God any credit whatsoever. But what he wants and what he gets are two different things!!!!

I have Faith because I have a promise...in writing:

"You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." Hebrews10:36

"By Faith Abraham, even though he was past age - and Sarah herself was barren - was enabled to become a father/mother because he considered him faithful who had made the promise." Hebrews 11:11

"...because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:3-5

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised those who love him." James 1:12

My prayer:

Lord,
I thank you for loving me enough to trust me to follow your will. I thank you for using my family to show the world your miracles. I thank you for standing by us in even the darkest of times. We are so blessed!

Today I pray for every family whose heart's desire is to fill their home with children. I pray for every empty womb, every empty crib, and every empty heart. No matter what their circumstances Lord, I pray that you will comfort them and fulfill their dreams.

Your words speaks that we should be fruitful - and I pray for all of those who desire this so. Lord, I ask you to lead us down the paths in which your will can be done. Show us and guide our steps as we endure the journey to fulfill our hearts.

Selfishly, Lord I pray for these embryos that are currently residing in my body. I pray that my body will sustain them. Keep them safe. Cradle them and allow them to grow and become full of life until it is time for them to safely enter this world. I thank you for the favor that you have already shown to my family - miracles beyond imagination! I am grateful, Lord. I am humbled. I am honored.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment