Sunday, January 20, 2013

Looks Like We've Made it!

Tomorrow is the day!! Yep, we are now only hours away from welcoming our miracle into this world...wow!

Looks like we've made it!!!

Overall, I have had a wonderful pregnancy. Every test I have had has ended with remarkably good results. My weight gain has been great according to my doctor (23 pounds). Which, in itself is a miracle considering how I eat these days! I only had a wee bout with morning sickness and have felt pretty good for most of the last 9 months. However, these last few days have been really hard and uncomfortable! And by uncomfortable I mean PAINFUL!

I have this area on my upper abdomen (can't remember if I've mentioned this in previous posts or not) under my right breast that is so insanely sensitive and sore. It is very sensitive to the touch but hurts like hellfire when the baby moves and pushes on that area or if I move in a certain direction and pull on that area. From what I have found in my "google research" and from talking to my doctor we think it is inflamed nerves or something of that nature, caused by the stretching of my muscles and belly. I have found many people online with the exact same symptoms and they have pretty much all attributed it to nerves as well. My doctor was not overly concerned but then again I really haven't complained about it too much (to him anyway). He did tell me the only way to resolve it is to give birth...so i just have to deal with it until then.

Two nights ago the baby was really moving like crazy and seemed to have lodged his head right against that area. I woke up in the middle of the night with sharp shooting pain (it felt like my muscles were burning and being ripped apart). The pain was so bad that I had to get up and move to the recliner to try to get comfortable. That only lasted about an hour. I eventually found myself just pacing around the house sobbing and holding a pillow to my abdomen (it seemed to help a little if I pushed lightly on the area but the pain was still very strong and constant). I was debating on if I should call the doctor - but what was I  going to say??? I knew I wasn't in labor but I was definitely in pain. I felt kind of silly calling them - I knew there was nothing they could do. And to be honest, I was letting my pride get the best of me. I didn't want the nurses writing "TOBP" (Tired of Being pregnant) in my chart. My husband eventually heard me and woke up. He ended up going to the drug store (at 4am) to  get some Tylenol and ice packs (things I had read about online that may help). I found that by icing the area it did dull the pain a little and actually made the baby move away from that spot - I guess he didn't like the ice. When the baby moved the pain reduced immensely and  the Tylenol helped a little - so I was able to get a little sleep eventually. But boy what a night that was!!!

I have been dealing with this pain off and on since the very end of my 2nd trimester but it has gotten worse -a lot worse. I have read that as the baby gets bigger and my abdomen grows it will only get worse...hopefully it will all be resolved tomorrow!!!

Tomorrow we will wake up and head to the hospital to have a baby. Much different than how my first delivery went down...but how he gets here is not important. I just want to lay my eyes on this precious baby!!!

I am a little nervous about the procedure and the recovery - but I have done it once and that went fine...and that was after 21 hours of labor. This time I will get to skip that whole labor part and move right on to the delivery! I am perfectly fine with that!

I can't believe we have made it this far. This was once a dream...a prayer...a wish...and now it is a reality. I am so blessed!!!

Thank you to ALL of you who have helped pray our way through this journey! Before, during, and after! Can't wait to share Liam's arrival with you!!! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and best of luck tomorrow!! Its hard to believe the day is here already!!!

    ReplyDelete