Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Running for My Life!

I am happy to report that I am now officially a runner! I use that term very loosely, but I am a runner still. On my first run - about midway through (so like 2 minutes in) I heard emergency sirens. I thought surely I had died or passed out and they were coming for me. I seriously considered for a minute that I was having an "outer body experience." Much to my surprise...I was alive and well and running! I am taking it slow and working up to a goal of one full mile without stopping (baby steps). I already feel better and the best part - I don't hate it. I love the fact that I can secretly enjoy some Beastie Boys or Bon Jovi and no one even has to know (until I start singing "You Give Love A Bad Name" aloud while running down the road...then, the secret is kinda out). Being known as "the lady who sings 'the oldies' while running" by all of the neighborhood kids isn't such a bad thing is it???

Now, about the doctor. I did make the appointment and then I did cancel the appointment. We recently got some not great news about my husbands health - so I had to put my fertility issues aside for a bit. (Apparently, it is not always about me!) We are not sure yet of exactly what is going on. I will let you know when I know something...until then I am thinking happy thoughts!

I seriously don't know what I did to deserve to be infertile and to face the possibility of some really grim news all at the same time...but whatever it was - I am REALLY REALLY sorry!!

If it is true what they say...these situations only make us stronger...well then, I am going to be one really bad B%^&$ someday! Watch Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment