Thursday, July 30, 2009

Carrot Cake

One of the perks to being barren (w/PCOS) is you get to enjoy a life free of pasta, chips, crackers, cookies, cakes, etc... All of the things that I love most in this world (as far as food goes anyway) are off limits for me. Apparently this "diet" (or torture) is supposed to help my jacked up ovaries be a little less jacked up. Being a carboholic it takes everything within me to avoid those sweet and starchy treats that I adore so much...but, I'm willing to do it, you know for the baby!

So, earlier today my husband was running up to the store for something and very kindly asked me if I needed anything. My reply..."Carrot Cake," of course! He then asks me in a very concerned tone, "can you even have carrot cake?" I pretend not to hear him and dash into the bathroom. I wasn't really serious about the carrot cake, it was more like a wish...but yes, way down deep in my carb deprived body I so wanted it!

Later on, I go into the kitchen to start dinner and what do I see sitting upon my counter top? A delicious, glorious, magnificent carrot cake! It was just sitting there as if God himself had just sent it down from the heavens. At that moment I didn't know if I wanted to eat it or make out with it. I swear it called out to me and like the good girl that I am I answered the call...with a fork!

Suddenly, I was overcome with guilt. I quickly put the cake away (facing the missing piece toward the back of the fridge), threw my dishes in the dishwasher and desperately tried to get rid of the evidence.

Oh! Crap! What have I done?? Have I ruined my chances for this month? Have I destroyed my ovaries even more? What do I do? What do I do?

An idea strikes. I frantically run upstairs pop a disc into the Wii and hula hoop my ass off!

My theory is that I can burn those carbs and sugars off before they have a chance to invade my precious ovaries. Did it work? I have no idea, but I did feel better...sort of.

Dealing with infertility has taught me something...I really, really love carrot cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment