Sunday, June 5, 2011

Prom Babies and Skinny Jeans

Not much has changed regarding the fertility situation. I do have an upcoming appointment with my fertility doc to discuss what's next - if there is a next. We have explored the adoption thing a little bit more. We have met with a few people who have worked in foster care adoption and are considering that route. I have looked in to private adoption - but I really don't know how we could swing the cost. But it is still on the table!

There is good news though... it's PROM season!! You know what that means...in a few months there will be an influx of sales from EPTs and Clear Blue Easys - and girls everywhere will suddenly "go off to live with their long lost aunts". And what does this mean to me...PROM BABIES!! In fact, I have seriously considered launching an all-out campaign in search of unwanted Prom Babies. I am even willing to make posters and pass out business cards at the local high school come Fall. Perhaps, even an add in our local newspaper - sadly...I'm totally serious! I mean I know it is going to happen - in a few months some girl is going to find herself in the "motherly way" and say: "But, it was my first time." (sure it was sweetie!) She will either: a) do the unthinkable b) be secretly thrilled c) look for options...I could be that option!!!!

So please, pas it along to all of your friends - I am on the hunt for a prom baby!!! I could even be a "long lost aunt" to some sweet little girl "in trouble" - ok that came out kind of creepy...I meant that I would happily turn my guest room into a "home for unwed mothers" on one condition...leave the baby when you go!!!!

So in other news - I am still battling the weight/health issue and am actually seeing success!! I have lost 7 lbs in the last 3 weeks!! Woo-hoo!! I bit the bullet and joined a weight loss center (Metabolic Research Center). I don't care if it is a scam - it is working and I need the accountability that they offer!! the diet is similar to South Beach but it does require that you weigh in once a month and see a counselor - which I totally need!!

I may be wearing skinny jeans yet! Speaking of skinny jeans...

First of all I HATE skinny jeans! I don't think they look good on anyone (ANYONE - especially guys!!!) When I see a girl wearing skinny jeans (actually skinny or not) the first thing I think is "Man, I bet she has a wedgie!" The absolute worst skinny jeans scenario is that of skinny jeans being worn by a slightly chunky 2nd grade child (and why do kids wear them anyway??) on tornado-drill day!! Seriously - no one needs to see that!!!

My definition of skinny jeans:
- jeans that you can zip while standing
-jeans that do not allow for any muffin-top action
-jeans that do not cut off your circulation
-jeans that do not leave red marks and/or possible impalement in ones tummy area
- jeans that allow bending at the knee
-most importantly jeans that stretch!!!

Happy Prom Season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment