Sunday, September 19, 2010

Here goes EVERYTHING!!!

Tomorrow I will walk into a doctor's office and write a check for over three thousand dollars! I am currently sick to my stomach - especially because that does not even cover the entire cost. Of what you ask...well a little something called Invetro-Fertilization.

Let me back up a little...

My husband has been doing great with his chemotherapy treatments. So great that he had a PET scan after treatment number 4 and it showed that the cancer was GONE!!! This good news sent us into an oblivion of bliss - as you might imagine. We decided that this news means we should go on with our plans for growing our family.

Remember the frozen junk?? Well it is time to use it or lose it! It turns out that with all of my problems we really aren't good candidates for artificial insemination...which of course only costs around 2 thousand dollars. Nope, apparently we are high rollers when it comes to being infertile so we qualify for the 10 thousand dollar program...know as IVF.

Last week I went in for my baseline ultrasound and they found a polyp in my uterus (of course they did). Turns out I can grow pretty much anything in there...except a baby. Tomorrow I will have surgery to remove it. I will also begin the roller coaster (IVF) that will hopefully end with a bouncy beautiful baby (or two...or three - who knows).

Which brings us to writing the biggest fattest check that I have ever written...and praying that my investment pays off!

We are literally putting all of our eggs in one basket...

Here goes everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment