Thursday, September 23, 2010

Birth Control??

Surgery is over and I am polyp free! It was a cake walk considering everything that has been going on in my household over the last 6 months!

Actually, I really enjoyed the anesthesia induced nap...TREMENDOUSLY!

Here is a little known secret of being infertile...birth control pills are actually used to help you get pregnant. Yes, my doctor put me on birth control pills last month in order to regulate and suppress my body's hormones. So that I have a better chance of getting pregnant. Weird, right? Birth control as part of a fertility plan????

So, tonight I took my last birth control pill. And if I have it my way it will be my last pill for the rest of my life!!!!

I don't care if I end up pregnant with 8 babies this time. I don't think I could ever purposely prevent another pregnancy for the as long as I live. I mean when I think about all of the times that we were being "careful" I just feel sad - and think of it as a missed opportunity. I had no idea it was going to be this hard to make it happen. So, I have decided that I will never miss an opportunity to be a mother again. If I am 45 and by some miracle I end up pregnant -then it will be just that...a miracle!

And, forget surgical solutions - to think that my options would be eliminated forever makes me want to cringe. It is kind of one of those "don't know what you got 'till it's gone" things. I have never given my baby making business the credit that it truly deserves. In the past I took being fertile for granted. I complained every month when the "time" came (well, I still kind of of that...a lot). I remember a few times even praying that I wasn't pregnant because the "the time wasn't right" - now I consider that a form of blasphemy!

I am so thankful for every aspect of being a woman! When IT happens I am going to praise the Lord for every cramp, morning of sickness, pee sneeze (you know what that is), labor pain, stretch mark, and ounce of fat that it takes!!! It will all be worth it!

And the only birth control that I will practice - will be falling asleep before he does!

No comments:

Post a Comment