Friday, September 18, 2009

Gettin' my Reiki on...

I have once again been avoiding my blog. I suppose it is for the mere fact that I feel so incredibly boring now that I am not injecting myself with hormones or ingesting mountains of "crazy" pills on a daily basis. But, never fear...I have started Reiki therapy so the fun shall soon begin!

Since my last update I have continued a regimen of low carb food, insulin medication and prenatal vitamins and what has it done for me? A whole lotta nothin'! Yep, another unsuccessful month. But, I am not giving up...oh, no...now I am under the care of a certified Reiki Practitioner (aka my sister).

So Reiki Therapy...yeah, I am not exactly sure what it is except that I think it has something to do with transferring positive energy and opening yourself up to allow good energy to flow. It comes from the practice of Yoga and meditation, I think. Anyway, my sister has become a certified Reiki Practitioner, and I am currently her only client. She preformed her first Reiki session on me the other day and it was successful...I think. I mean, we got through it without either one of us breaking into hideous laughter or being drunk so I am pretty sure that is a good thing. I went into it with a very open mind. I believe that our own minds have some control over our circumstances. My goal is to allow myself to change the things I can and accept the things I can't (change). Which I am pretty sure is kind of the whole concept behind Reiki, but I could be wrong.

Four days after my Reiki treatment I woke up to a very unwelcome visitor...AF. A sure sign that I was once again, not pregnant. But, this time it was different. I didn't cry hysterically or break down into a million pieces. I just felt disappointed and went on with my day. I was kind of a biotch the whole day, but I think that is just part of the package!! Reiki??? Maybe.

I am not accepting the fact that I am infertile, I am accepting the fact that I am not pregnant this month. I am also accepting the fact that I can hopefully change that in the future...the near future.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right about Reiki - I couldn't have said it better myself! Your attitude is perfect and just how God wants us to be. Do what we can, but accept the outcome - no matter what it is and know that he has complete control. Love and kisses !

    Arent you glad i went to the compound!

    ReplyDelete