Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Bump List

I know, I know...I am so bad about updating! There really is no excuse, except for the fact that I am lazy. I have literally done almost nothing in the last 4 weeks, well nothing except gain 5 pounds!!!

So here is an update...

Snow Pea is doing well! We have had a total of 5 ultrasounds and they all have been great! Today was my last appointment with my IVF doctor. I will start seeing a regular OB from this point on...wowzers!! (I can't believe we are at this point!!!)

Yes, I am calling the baby Snow Pea because it feels weird to say "it" or even "he or she." I decided on the nickname Snow Pea, because I think they are cute...and since this baby spent a little time in the snow (and by snow I mean freezer) I felt it was appropriate. So Snow Pea it is.

As I mentioned in my opening...I have already gained 5 pounds. I guess that isn't too bad, but it is more than I had gained with my first pregnancy at this point, so I am a little concerned about it.

You know how I am slightly obsessed with food...and weight...and losing weight...well, my food obsession has taken on a whole new reality right now. I guess after being on a low carb diet for so long I just want to go carb crazy every chance I get. (Hence the 5 lbs!) In fact, I have gone so crazy about food that I have actually created a list of all the foods that would normally be off limits for me, but I want to eat during my pregnancy. Yes, some people have a "Bucket List" of things they want to do before the die...I have a "Bump List" of things I want to eat while I am pregnant. That is how crazy I am!!!

Until now this list has been in my head, but I am going to go full-on committed and reveal that list here (also...in case I forget to consume an item I will have a record of it).

The Bump List 

Things I want to eat while I am pregnant because I have been deprived over the last few years and when you're pregnant you can eat carbs/junk and blame it on a insatiable craving or something and most people won't judge you...most people.

1. An original chicken sandwich from Burger King!!
2. Spaghetti with real pasta
3. Lasagna made with real noodles, not egg plant like I make in my low-carb life
4. Pasta salad
5. Baked ziti
6. Stuffed Shells
7. Ravioli (are we sensing a pasta theme here?? The Italian in me is salivating!!)
8. Bread sticks from Olive garden
9. Garlic & Cheese biscuits from Red Lobster
10. A real sandwich on real bread (not a wrap, not a low carb thin...bread...just bread)
11. A milk shake...a really really good milk shake
12. Pizza!!! Real pizza!
13. A burger...on a bun!
14. Chocolate peanut butter ice cream from Kilwins (the only kind of ice cream I like)
15. Tacos in shells, not lettuce leaves
16. Chips and Salsa (lots of chips and salsa)
17. Mashed potatoes!!!! (not mashed cauliflower trying to pass itself off as this most delicious carb)
18. Five Guys french fries...and Curly fries from Arby's!
19. Pancakes with syrup
20. Waffles!!!!!!!
21. A bloomin' onion thingy from Outback

Ok - I am going to stop now. I realize that this is not a very good goal to have during pregnancy and truth-be-told...I probably won't really eat all of this junk (probably) but I'd like to keep my options open...for now. I only have 6 more months of carb-life then it is back to the very carb-lacking real world for me!

2 comments:

  1. I love your "bump list." Is it sad that I have eaten pretty much all of those things at least once in the last 6 months? LOL I guess I like my carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "bump list"! I'm so excited for you Angela! Keep up the posting!

    ReplyDelete